Thursday, 29 July 2010

Just Magnolia

This weeks theme over at Just Magnolia is "Vintage" I love this style & so I decided to enter this card I made this afternoon. I have used a couple of the Magnolia images from their Summer kit club which I just adore. The papers are also by Magnolia, other bits & bobs are from my stash.

The image has been coloured using Copic pens but I have started to try colouring using distress inks and I like the vintage feels it gives an image.
I have my best friend Jane visiting for the day tomorrow. She is fairly new to card making and so we are hoping to spend some time in my craft room.
Thanks for looking
Mel

6 comments:

Mina said...

wow Mel what a fabulous card, that little sailor is such a cutie and I love the muted colours you used...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xxx

Riet said...

So beautiful card Mel,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

ugs Riet,xx

Lillemor said...

So sweeet!!! Just love this Dangling Edwin. Happy anniverary to you to!
Hope you´ll have a nice day with your husband!!!
Lillemor

Vicki said...

Hi Mel, thank you so much for visiting my blog and your kind comments on my stationery set.

Your blog and creations are fab, love the colours and layout of this card. xx vicki xx

Sandra said...

Wonderful card! Just love this little guy. Kicking myself for not buying the kit now :o(
Hope you had fun crafting with your friend.
Hugs
Sandra x

Tasha said...

Wow this is so stunning, your colour work is beautiful and i love the layout
love tasha xx