Sunday, 16 August 2009

Sketch Saturday


Boy did I struggle with this card. I think maybe it's because the image is quite simple not much colour to it. I did try adding more colour but it just looked wrong so my first attempt ended up in the bin.

The image is a Penny Black and I have stamped the cute Christmas mouse in Archival coffee bean ink. I have used my oval Nestabilites to create a frame for the image. The designer paper is from last year Christmas stack by DCVW.

Thanks for looking




Mel

10 comments:

Swaantje said...

Gorgeous card! Your coloring is beautiful, love the colors you used!
Hugs
Swaani

Marina said...

What a nice card! Love this sweet image and the colours.

Thank you very much for your visit on my blog.

Hugs,
Marina

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, love the sweet image and fab papers.
luv
Debby

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Mel.

Hugs Riet.x

Rach said...

your card is gorgoeus mel, such a cute little image, and wonderful choice in papers. hugs rachxx

carol said...

hiya, lovely papers used, great card, x carol

Tab said...

oooh gorgeous card, sweetie! Love the sweet image and the colours are delish!
Hugs Tab xxx

Bev said...

Fab card hun, love the layout and the image is so sweet! Great details too x

Tab said...

Gorgeous card, sweetie, love the sweet image and the colours are delish! Enjoy your holiday!
Hugs Tab xxx

Mina said...

what a gorgeous cute little image...such beautiful papers too...thanks for joining in with the Sketch Saturday challenge
Mina xxx