Sunday, 29 March 2009

Sketch Saturday


I wanted to give this card a vintage look and I'm pleased with how it has turned out. I followed the sketch on this week challenge on Sketch Saturday.I didn't put too many flowers on as I think it would have spoilt the look.I used a Tim Holtz vintage ink pad to distress the bright green card. This is the first time I've tried this method and can see me using it again, I like the effect.
This card is for Poppy to give to my Mum for her birthday , I hope she like it.

Thanks for looking

Mel

11 comments:

joey said...

Hi Mel, I adore the colour combo on this, beautiful card, gorgeous colouring. Joey.x

carol said...

lovely card, love the papers, x carol

Crafting Joanne said...

This is gorgeous Mel, the colour combo is fab, such pretty papers.

Joanne x

Biscuitlid said...

Mel

such a pretty card and I think you have the balance just right. Colours are gorgeous and the distress inks really worked on the green card

Victoria
x

cats whiskers said...

Oh Mel this is just adorable, I love the colours you have used and your colouring of Tila is beautiful
Hugs Jacqui x

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

This is so pretty Mel and love your colouring, love how you stamped on the tag too, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Paula said...

What a beautiful card Mel love the tilda image she is so sweet and what great colours and a great layout.
Paula xxxx

itsabrt said...

This card is wonderful, doubt your Mum loved it! Thank you for you kind comment on my blog! BR-T

Michele said...

Fabulous card. Love the image and the colours you've used. Michele x

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Another gorgeous card Mel. Love the papers you have used. Hugs, Lainy xxx

Tasha said...

Super stunning card Mel love the image and the papers you teamed up with. Your colouring is fab
love tasha xx